- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Educational Administration or other related degree, plus experience in working with children and families.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and organization; ability to prioritize and complete tasks prior to deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as a member of a team with parents, staff, family child care providers, funders, and the community-at-large. Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Requires reliable transportation to travel to all Square One’s Centers and Family Child Care sites and parent’s homes.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Access, Word and Outlook for e-mail.
- Bilingual skills in both English & Spanish are strongly preferred.
- Flexible hours are necessary.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Priority Populations Lead Social Worker will perform a variety of tasks that may include, but which are not limited to:
mentoring other Priority Populations staff, conducting enrollment of children into Square One early education programs, and ongoing social and emotional monitoring of the priority populations children and their families. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with the training of new Priority Populations staff.
- Ensure that Priority Populations staff are connecting families to appropriate Square One Family Services programs as needed.
- Assist with file review and monitoring of required Priority Populations documentation.
- Creating and maintaining files for each assigned child/family.
- Providing programming information to parents in need of childcare services.
- Assist in coordinating placement of children into all Square One programs.
- Participate in parent-child visits to Square One Programs.
- Participate in the intake enrollment meeting to establish the foundation for the Individual Service Plan with parent.
Social and Emotional Outreach and Support Services
- Within 45 days after enrollment, conduct initial evaluation of children and consult with educators and parents to develop an Individual Service Plan for children.
- Build and maintain a resource clearinghouse of information applicable to families with young children. The information will include but is not limited to; Health Care, Food Stamps, Oral Health, Mental Health, housing and other needed resources/topics.
- Develop trust with families and connect them with needed resources (case management), provide information and assistance to ensure that their young children have all the early health, family, and education and care experiences they need to enter school healthy and ready to succeed.
- Effectively communicate with parents regarding education and support services through quarterly case conferences and home visiting as needed, using a strength-based approach.
- Conduct discharge/transition planning meeting with parents to prepare them for other child care options and resources with 45 days of termination.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of documents, discussions, resources and information when working with families.
- Complete all documentation as required by Square One and by funders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Agency Integration and Communication with Referral Sources
- Meet with DCF Social worker within 45 days of enrollment to review Individual Service Plan.
- Maintain regular contact with DCF and DCHD social workers, referral gatekeepers and shelter staff.
- Identify problem and issues, review with DCF Social workers to identify potential solutions, resources and services to assist the child and family.
- Work progressively towards meeting identified service plan goals cooperatively with the referring agency.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software programs with proven ability to have manual dexterity to maintain specific databases and reports.
- Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.
Mental/ Visual Demand
- High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
Professional business office setting.
Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, 1095 Main Street 2nd Floor; Springfield, MA 01105.
You may also e-mail your resume or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.