1. Be at least 16 years of age and actively enrolled in an approved EEC vocational program in Early Childhood Education or must be 18 years of age with a HS diploma or equivalent.
2. Have the personal qualities to work with children under supervision, and the ability to relate well to children, parents, staff and the community in which children live; bi-lingual where appropriate.
3. Relates well with children and staff.
4. Able to produce a successful completed Background Record Check.
5. Must be First-Aid Certified and meet the EEC health care requirements.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Assists teachers in implementing classroom program.
2. Assists with activities with designated groups of children
3. Assist in preparation and organization of various materials for activities.
4. Assists in daily up-keep and cleaning of the classroom, equipment and supplies.
5. Assists in providing care, safety and protection of all children in the center.
6. Report any problems or concerns immediately to Center/Program Director and/or Nutritionist.
Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, 1095 Main Street 2nd Floor; Springfield, MA 01105.
You may also e-mail your resume or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.