Summary: To assist Square One families in accessing local supports and services necessary to engage and enroll in education and work readiness and career development opportunities including, exploring and learning about training programs, developing resources to tap into volunteer, temporary or regular employment, and/ or consider enrolling into higher education programs leading to a sustainable and meaningful career.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Training, Adult Education or Human Resource Development or related field plus 1 year experience with a career development focus. Substitution for a Bachelor’s Degree may include enrollment in an Institution of Higher Education in a degreed program plus 2 year experience with a career development focus.
- Valid MA driving license and reliable transportation
- Must be knowledgeable/aware of area programs and services offered to improve the educational level or employment opportunities, e.g. GED, ESL, Vocational Job Training (Short Term), Literacy, Educational Programs with Institutions of Higher Education
- Microsoft knowledge and expertise – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Research and E-Mail.
- Must have the ability to have a flexible schedule
- Must have experience with multi-line telephones, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed, independent thinker while contributing to a team oriented environment
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Good interpersonal skills, relates well with people at all levels and demonstrates good listening skills with the ability to be an effective problem solver.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Implement full year WIOA Youth programming, including program recruitment, intake and assessment of new participants
- Develop service strategies, work based learning plans, career plans and goals with each participant
- Complete documentation as required by Square One and program funder, meeting deadlines as required
- Conduct monthly meetings with participants in order to ensure adherence to program policies and provide education and employment support, in addition to updating each participant record
- Teach weekly Workforce Development classes utilizing the Workplace Readiness Certificate Program Curriculum
- Attend meetings as mandated by Square One and program funder
- Coordinate workforce experience for participants including volunteer experience, paid experience, job shadows, and internships
- Recruit workforce experience employers and maintain ongoing communication regarding participants placed under employer’s supervision
- Ensure participant timesheets are accurate and entered into online system in accordance with deadlines
- Attend all staff and supervision meetings and trainings as required
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software programs with proven ability to have manual dexterity to maintain specific databases and reports
- Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.
Mental/ Visual Demand:
High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
Professional business office setting as well as the ability to work in flexible settings and environments using resources available through community organizations and partnerships.
Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, 1095 Main Street 2nd Floor; Springfield, MA 01105.
You may also e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.